Netmon.noDiscover

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netmon.noDiscover
From: Vynita Pretorius <vpretor@FAST.CO.ZA>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:02:34 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
-- [ From: Vynita Pretorius * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi all

We have a large network and our Netview for AIX is battling to keep up.
The operations team don't want me to delete their maps and do a rediscover ,
however
they are auto discovering everything.

On the OVforum in place of a seed file to select what device you want to
discover
they are able to specify all the devices they don't want discovered, with
'netmon.noDiscover'
Does Netview have something like this ?

We have 7 maps and to get the devices out of the database I have to delete
them from every
map, Is there an easy way of cleaning up the database?

Are there any suggestions on how we can improve the performance of Netview?

The other problem is when we do a locate by attribute (ip address) the
screen extends to request
the ip address , we see the screen get larger however the block to enter the
IP address is not visable,
The only way is to physically move the window to another location and then
the entire locate window
become available, Why is this happening, and what can we do to resolve it?

Thanks
Vynita P