Re: Receiving traps from UM link

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Receiving traps from UM link
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:36:27 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Read the man-pages for the utility xnmtrap.  This utility is how
you make NetView aware of a particular trap.

You'd think that if you loaded the MIBs that it might parse out
the "TRAP-TYPE"  keywords and load the traps, but this is
not the case.  You have to use "addtrap" or xnmtrap, and
load each trap manually.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary Boyles             gary.p.boyles@intel.com