Re: Receiving traps from UM link

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Receiving traps from UM link
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 14:53:13 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Did your supplier configure the box to send traps to NetView?  He would
have to know the hostname or ip address for that.  If he says he did, then
you can check whether they are getting to the NetView box by doing an
iptrace on the NetView box for port 162 and see if they arrive.  If they
arrive and you still don't see them in the events window, then check
trapd.log.  They might be configured in your system already as "log only"
though that seems pretty unlikely, unless you ran a script to add the traps
that the supplier provided you.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

C.A.Jacobi@NL.DAP.PHILIPS.COM on 06/11/98 11:07:01 AM