Re: SNMP gets using demand poll vs. browser.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMP gets using demand poll vs. browser.
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:00:51 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The demand poll function is done by netmon. He has no choice but use what
is in the SNMP configuration for a community name.  But  don't rely on the
/usr/OV/conf/ovsnmp.conf file.  That is only a brief encapsulation of what
was in the database.  Use xnmsnmpconf from the command line or
Options-->SNMP Configuration from the map to view it.  Then you can be sure
that what you see is accurate and current.

Are you specify a community name on snmpwalk and the MIB Browser?  You can
do that.  They default to "public".
Offhand, I 'd say that is the problem.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support