Re: Menu Bar

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Menu Bar
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:20:32 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
You are going to have to play with some of the OVw app-defaults values, and
even then I doubt whether you can achieve everything that you want.  There
are no separate external handles for the menus and dialogs per se, as you
noticed.  And so far as I can tell, many of  the font colors default to
black and cannot be changed.  But what you can change is in that file.
Generally you can change the background color (try white instead of gray
for example.  I have used yellow and pink) but not the font color.  But you
could try changing OVw*defaultLabelColor and see what that affects.

As for size ...
You will notice that there are symbol label fonts documented, *size30Font,
*size20Font, *size10Font, and *smallFont.  Most of the menus and dialogs
use the *smallFont value.  You can make that bigger, but if it gets too
big, then the labels will not display properly as they will not fit in the
boxes anymore.

The easiest way to play with this is to copy the OVw app-defaults file to a
user's home directory and then start the GUI from that userid.  You will
probably have to do this many times to get something you like better.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

phil.gregory@MEB.CO.UK on 06/16/98 08:04:23 AM

Please respond to NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU