Re: Using "Query Database Field" on Individual Router Interfaces

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Using "Query Database Field" on Individual Router Interfaces
From: "Owens, Blaine" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 07:52:14 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Robin, are you wanting to suppress the link-up/link-down traps? If so,
you may prevent them from even being sent by the Cisco. In the Cisco
configuration (interface level) add:

no snmp trap link-status

and the Cisco will not even send link-up/link-down traps for that
interface.

Blaine Owens
bowens5@aol.com