Questions of performance on 43P

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Questions of performance on 43P
From: RIG - Chris McBride <chrism@RIGROUP.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:39:38 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We are currently using an old PowerServer 370 w/256meg of RAM and a bunch
of added on drives.  It has worked fairly well in the past for just Netview
4.1 and Optivity 8.1.  Recently though we started using NetReporter to pull
graphs for various switches and hubs.  Netreporter ran incredibly slow in
printing and displaying graphs....  So we're looking at upgrading.  We have
a 43P-240 that we're currently using for something else, but we're thinking
about using it to replace the old 370.

What I need is to get an idea of how much faster then 43P is going to be
over the 370.  I.e. how many objects can we manage with it?  How does it
perform under NetReporter?

Here's a summary from ovobjprint to give you an idea of how many objects we
currently have.  We can probably assume that we'll be increasing the number
of objects 50% growth per 6 months.

Any input or information would be appreicated.

Thanks
Chris McBride
chrism@rigroup.com
The Rock Island Group