Re: Problems adding Gateway device to map

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problems adding Gateway device to map
From: Steven Thornhill <Steven.Thornhill@SOUTHERNELECTRIC.CO.UK>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:26:43 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Try ovtopodump `ip address` and see if you get a reply. You could have an object
in the database that needs purging.

Steve

Subject: Problems adding Gateway device to map
Author:  "Brook; Bryan S" <bryan.s.brook@LMCO.COM> at SEInternet
Date:    23/06/98 16:29

        Im trying to add an object (specifically a Connector..Gateway) to an
IP Internet map.  I select IP attributes, type in the IP address of one of
the router interfaces, and it tells me:

        "Node with this IP address already exists in Interent level submap"

        However if I do a Locate..By Attribute..IP address=x.x.x.x,  it
tells me none found?

        We have multiple Netview servers that each monitor a portion of our
network.  The 1st addition was successful.  However the subsequent additions
fail on the other 2 Netview servers.

        Does anyone know whats going on here?

        TIA,
        Bryan