Re: Problems adding Gateway device to map

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problems adding Gateway device to map
From: "Brook, Bryan S" <bryan.s.brook@LMCO.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:43:35 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I tried the ovtopodump and it is NOT currenlty defined in the database.

Here's a little more information.  The router Im trying to discover has no
DNS resolved hostname.  From reading other posts, maybe this could relate to
the problem.

subnet a --<Router to be defined>--subnet b

        Subnet a is discovered, managed and connected.  Subnet b is blue
(undetermined) and unconnected.  I attempt to add the router with IP address
of either interface on the subnets, and Netview tells me:

> "Node with this IP address already exists in Interent level submap"

        We are configured for autodiscovery, yet this router is not being
found.  What are the detailed steps involved in auto-discovery.  Perhaps
with a step by step list, I can troubleshoot this configuration...

        TIA,
        Bryan