Re: NV v5.0(NT) Performance Reporting

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV v5.0(NT) Performance Reporting
From: Jannie van Zyl <jannie@SNSCON.CO.ZA>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 15:24:50 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Ernest,

We've found Netview to be quite capable in doing data collections if you
don't have a large-scale reporting need. In other words, you don't want to
collect on a large number of objects ( collection  administration becomes an
issue ) or you don't need highly processed reports ( Netview will give basic
line graphs ).

If you only need basic reporting capabilities, snmpCollect will do OK, but
for more serious performance reporting we would use a product like Concord's
Network Health. It not inexpensive but you probably get a better
price/performance solution that just using snmpCollect ( or some shareware
package ).

You can get more info on snmpCollect reporting tools on
http://www.snscon.co.za/snsrep2.shtml ( Unix only )
or on Concord's Network Health on http://www.concord.com.
There also is a live demo on Nethealth on http://195.75.131.53/. Try it out!

Hope this helps.