Re: Daemons dying

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Daemons dying
From: "Giuliotti, J. P." <JGiuliotti@MFS.COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 09:51:31 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I've seen this happen when there is an inordinate amount of collection
happening and/or disk space fills up due to the excess collections. I
collected on a packetHistory MIB for ethernet stats on all my repeaters
(75) once and it caused SNMP to die. I would first check my collections
and how much space the databases are taking up.