Nways with Java Performance Management

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Nways with Java Performance Management
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:47:24 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Can anyone point me to some references for running the Java Performance
Mnagaement part of Nways??  I run the application via
        dpadmin mgr-1 netscape
where mgr-1 is my NetView / Nways machine and netscape is the browser I
want to use.  The Performance Management Configuration application comes
up fine but the help buttons bring up netscape saying cannot find URL

//help/ibm.nways.analysis.dpManager.Admin/ibm.nways.analysis.dbManager.Admin.Templates.html

Can anyone help with why this is broken and how I DO get help?

Also, I have changed a mib2 variable in the Java Performance Manager,to
collect every minute and am now getting flooded in my NetView event log
by "Trap found with no known format" from each of the nodes that my
performance manager is polling - the trap is 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.141.1.1 and
the 3rd variable is the mib variable that I am polling every minute -
any idea why or what it is trying to tell me??

Is there a Red Book(s) that will help me understand the whole
performance picture with the Nways products, both Java and non-Java.

Many thanks for any pointers,
Jane
--
Jane Curry