All icons vanish sometimes with Nways

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: All icons vanish sometimes with Nways
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 16:50:40 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have NetView for AIX v5 and the full Nways 1.2.1 Suite on AIX 4.2.1.
Occasionally, usually when down an Nways part of the submap tree, all
icons in the submap vanish.  They also vanish from the Navigation Tree
(ie the boxes are there with a blue highlight around the active one, but
there are no icons inside the boxes).  If I move to a different submap -
any submap - there are no icons, just the grey background.  My startup
window has the message "ovw: BadAccess (attempt to access private
resource denied)".  I don't think this is the usual running out of
colour maps problem (but quite prepared to be convinced).  The only way
out seems to be to stop the EUI and re-start and everything's OK.
Sometimes this occurs 4 times in an hour - other times it runs fine all
day.

Any ideas / fixes gratefully appreciated.
Regards, Jane
--
Jane Curry
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565