Re: How to order Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to order Netview
From: Will Mason <wmason@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 07:17:33 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Vincent Ng wrote:

> I want to order 5697-NVW TME10 Netview, I know that I get one license of
> Framework free if I order Netview version 5, but when I run the new RS/6000
> configurator,
> the warning message "Framework is required" appear, Can I ignore it?
>
> Also, there is an error if I do not order the maintenance and support service
> 5697-SPT( for Netview and Framework ), is it mandatory? does it contain
> first year support only, do I need to order the second year support?

You must have the Framework installed to run UNIX versions of NetView
from release 5.0 and up.  The manuals should explain how to install the
framework as well as how to create a resource and install NetView.

Support is free for the first year and must be a selected option if
you are to receive the first year free.  Each additional year is optional
and should be addressed with your account exec.

Will
Will Mason
NetView Product Evangelist

wmason@tivoli.com
http://www.tivoli.com

"While the inferior man seeks to put the blame on
other persons, bewailing his fate, the superior
man seeks the error within himself."

I-Ching