Re: Optivity NMS 8.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Optivity NMS 8.1
From: Steven Valente <svalente@BAYNETWORKS.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:59:25 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello Maria,

Check and make sure that in the directory $LNMSHOME/db there is a directory
called ev.db.  If not, you should be able to get it copied off of the CD
itself.

As well, try opening a shell and set the variable OPT_SNMP_DEBUG=on and
export the variable, then run the ev command again from the command line.
The output on the command line where you launch ev should begin to show
snmp variables being queried to the hub from the system.  From here you may
be able to tell if there is a particular variable failing, but it is
doubtful since it is failing to everything.  It's much more likely that
there is a problem with your ev.db directory.

Your best option, as always, would be to open a support call with your
local Bay Networks Support Center.

Regards,
Steve Valente
Bay Networks