snmpd problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: snmpd problem
From: "Ken Freeman, Woolwich plc" <GBWBSJHS@IBMMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:52:52 EDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I am hoping that someone in the group will be able to assist with resolving a
small problem that we are experiencing......

We have an HP Openview/NT server on the same ring as our NetView/AIX server
and we have recently noticed that the snmpd.log is filling up with the
following messages (2 messages every 2 minutes):

    EXCEPTIONS: bad version: 1 (10.150.0.6)

where the 10.150.0.6 is the IP address of the OpenView/NT server.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this error to occur and what steps
we can take to resolve the problem?

Thanks for any assistance.

Ken Freeman
Woolwich plc