Re: snmpd problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmpd problem
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:49:14 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Have you tried setting logging level=3 in snmpd.conf and restarting snmpd
on the NetView box ( just a quick stopsrc -s snmpd  followed by startsrc -s
snmpd should do it)?  Then the snmpd.log might give you more to go on.  But
it sounds to me like there is an agent on the OpenView machine which is (1)
at an old level of code and (2) trying to connect to snmpd on the UNIX box.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Ken Freeman, Woolwich plc" <GBWBSJHS@IBMMAIL.COM> on 08/18/98 10:52:52 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>