Event Trap to Monitor trapd & tecad_nv6k to Tivoli

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Event Trap to Monitor trapd & tecad_nv6k to Tivoli
From: "Mull, John" <jmull@HERSHEYS.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:08:12 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
NV6K Admins,

What is the easiest method to send a "simple" trap message(Specially
created one)  from NV6K that would use the connection to trapd, which
could then flow across the tecad_nv6k adapter (provided class
definitions were imported in Tivoli?

I had posted an earlier question back in June. Our goal is to do a
"HeartBeat Monitor" as a contigency to Netmon
or Tivoli Distributed Monitoring.  Once I get the event into TEC, I can
send it to our Trouble Ticket System (Remedy)
for action or filtering depening on whether the next cycle event is
received.

NV6K Resident expert.. My. James Shanks posted a very nice post on April
6 regarding Traps and Events