Re: Netview MLM configuration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview MLM configuration
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@USAA.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:49:49 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Diba,

If you are accustomed to working with SNMP data the way the NetView
snmpCollect daemon stores it, i.e. one file for each MIB object and instance
combination, e.g. ifInOctets.3, then check out the "mlmRemoteCollect" and
"smconvert" utilities.  Both of these run on the NetView server.  The first
one will transfer the MLM collect log to the NetView server.  The second one
converts the MLM collect log into the familiar snmpCollect format.  You can
then run snmpColDump against the data files to get the statistics.