Re: Netview MLM configuration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview MLM configuration
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@USAA.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:32:56 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The error message mentioned in item (ii) below is an indication that the MLM
system has lost connectivity to a node that is collecting SNMP data from.
Make sure that you are running the snmpwalk from the MLM system, and not the
NetView system.  Running snmpwalk from the NetView console only checks that
the NetView server has SNMP connectivity.  You need to run snmpwalk from the
MLM server to determine if it has SNMP connectivity to the node.  Another
possibility is that there was an intermittent timeout, and when you ran the
snmpwalk everything was fine.  Check the SNMP configuration either in
NetView or MLM, and make sure that the SNMP retries and timeout are "long
enough" to avoid timeouts on the SNMP get requests.