Re: Netview MLM configuration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview MLM configuration
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:58:11 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I don't know the answer to number ( ii ); perhaps someone else does.  If
not, then please open a call with Support.
But ( i ) is the way MLM works.  It  will only discover nodes on its own
subnet.  You can modify the collection it creates to add some new nodes or
subnets to the polling it does, but discovery is limited to its own subnet.
Have you read all the MLM documentation?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Adibah Mohamed <bmadibah@NCS.COM.SG> on 08/05/98 10:15:43 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>