Re: Cannot start discovering

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cannot start discovering
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 09:34:26 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The error message you are getting is about memory and paging space, not
about disk space.  You should have at least twice as much paging space
allocated as you have real memory.  Do  lscfg |  grep mem   and add up what
you get back.  That's your real memory.   Then do  lsps -s   and see what
you have for paging space.  Then go allocate more.  You can use SMIT --
File Systems -- Logical Volume manager --  Paging Space to do it.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

John Azir <john_azir@HOTMAIL.COM> on 08/21/98 05:28:59 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>