Re: Cannot start discovering

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cannot start discovering
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@USAA.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:49:24 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Another possible cause of your problem is that you are missing the "ulimit"
commands in your rc.nfs or oserv.rc file.  There is a bug with Tivoli
Framework that causes the symptoms you are seeing if you start the GUI from
the Tivoli Desktop.  The ulimit commands are documented in the release
notes.  Once you put in the ulimit commands, you will need to reboot your
server, or manually run them, and restart the oserv daemon.  A good
workaround is to run the "restart automatic map generation" function from
the NetView server icon in the Tivoli Desktop, and then start the GUI from
the command line with the "netview" command.  Do not start it from the
Tivoli Desktop.