Re: Limitiations of Read Only maps? default map only vs mul

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Limitiations of Read Only maps? default map only vs mul
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:43:45 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
There are some applications (add-ons, such as snamgr/6000), or there used to be,
that required a r/w map for each user. I those situations I would first
convince
the customer to keep all of the maps identical, and then manage them this way:
If major changes are needed, first delete all of the copies; then make the
changes
with the single map; then use the 'Save as' function to recreate the maps.

>         It seems to me that there isnt any benefit to creating 6 maps (one
> for each user) if they all are the same "view".  If you had to remove an
> object, you would have to do so 6 times.  Why would you want to run in a
> multiple map environment?

Cordially,

Leslie Clark
IBM Global Services - Network & Systems Management - Detroit
(248) 552-4968 TL/896-4968