Stratus-to-NetView Customization

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Stratus-to-NetView Customization
From: Bob Twomey <btwomey@LONGS.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 14:01:03 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Is there anyone who has a Stratus machine that they have sending alerts
to NetView?  Comtek provides a Stratus MIB for NetView that supports a
very limited set of events.   What we are trying to do is have every
Stratus process (currently 200+), report to NetView.   If a process
abends, we would like an alert sent to the NetView log, and the
corresponding icon representing that specific process will turn red.   I
am having a tough time finding anyone who has done this, or a consultant
who has the skill set to make this happen.   I spent 3 months going
rounds with IBM and they had no one in their organization who was
available to do this.

Thank you in advance.