Stratus-to-NetView Customization

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Stratus-to-NetView Customization
From: Wolfgang Klein <wolfgang.klein@IKOSSVAN.DE>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:09:27 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wok@mail>
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
From:    Bob Twomey <btwomey@LONGS.COM>

Is there anyone who has a Stratus machine that they have sending alerts
to NetView?  Comtek provides a Stratus MIB for NetView that supports a
very limited set of events.   What we are trying to do is have every
Stratus process (currently 200+), report to NetView.   If a process
abends, we would like an alert sent to the NetView log, and the
corresponding icon representing that specific process will turn red.   I
am having a tough time finding anyone who has done this, or a consultant
who has the skill set to make this happen.   I spent 3 months going
rounds with IBM and they had no one in their organization who was
available to do this.

We have written an snmp-agent consisting on several processes running on
Stratus-VOS (and AIX). It is mainly written for our EFT/POS-application. But
also checks and monitors the system environment (hardware and all processes),
stores it in our private MIB and sends traps to netview. There run  scripts, as
automatic command action, which create, update delete icons for hardware
components and processes in the XXmap. At the moment we have selled this
solution only in the context with our application but it can run without it.

if you are interested send a mail immediately to me.

Wolfgang Klein