object deletion

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: object deletion
From: "Milton, Gerard" <GMilton@FNB.CO.ZA>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:44:38 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I seem to be having a problem deleting objects from my map.
When I do a locate I am told that 11 objects for the same device were found.
These are obviously appearing in submaps as well.
The map does have read/write access but there are read-only maps available
to other users which are open at the same time.
I have tried to delete the object but it won't let me. I tried all the
options such as from all submaps etc. Still no luck.
If i hide the object then it re-appears a few days later.
I'm running NV 4.1.2
Please help.
thanks