Re: Log-File Monitor.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Log-File Monitor.
From: Cheryl Krupczak <cheryl@EMPIRETECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:23:50 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

>Does anyone know of a log-file monitor that will monitor a file, and
>send an snmp trap when a string or expression is found in a file
>(or number of files).  I'm interested in an NT-based utility.

 Yes.  The Empire SystemEDGE agent includes this capability.
 In addition to the SNMP trap, you can also specify an action
 for the agent to automatically perform when a match is found.
 SystemEDGE is a SNMP agent and is available for NT as well as
 most popular UNIX flavors.

>Also... is there anything like this available for the NT event-log?

 Yes. SystemEDGE lets you filter NT events and forward them as
 SNMP traps. (Windows NT event types include error, warning,
 information, success, failure)

 You can get a free evaluation of SystemEDGE from Empire's
 web site.  www.empiretech.com

 - cheryl

>Thanks.
>
>Gary Boyles, Intel              gary.p.boyles@intel.com

+ Check us out!  http://www.empiretech.com                           +
+ Cheryl Krupczak                          Empire Technologies, Inc. +
+ cheryl@empiretech.com                    541 Tenth Street NW       +
+ PH : +1 (770)384-0184                    Suite 169                 +
+ FAX: +1 (770)384-0183                    Atlanta, GA 30318         +