Re: RS6000 SP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RS6000 SP
From: David Easter <David_Easter@BAYNETWORKS.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:19:25 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Alain,

  Optivity NMS is tested on RS/6000 or PowerPC systems, as it states in the
release notes.  Just confirm the Operating System version you intend to use
against the release notes to ensure support.

  I have to claim ignorance on what the "SP" stands for - does it affect
the way the AIX Operating system looks to applications?  In general, as
long as the O.S. can talk to the HW, and the application can talk to the
O.S., everything should be peachy...

-David J. Easter
Product Manager - Optivity NMS, Network Management Division
Bay Networks, Inc. - Where Information Flows.

-=-REgarding-=-