Re: Using Solaris SEA to send traps to netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Using Solaris SEA to send traps to netview
From: Rick Barhydt <rlbarhy@BCBSO.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:02:00 PDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Scott,
        I am not having any problems sending traps using snmp_trapsend.
Following is an example of sending a MLM threshold trap from a sun 2.6 box:
snmp_trapsend -h mallard -g 6 -s 12 -a ".1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.12.5.1.1.0 STRING
(This is a trap from rickb on Solaris 2.6)"
The netview box receives and displays the trap just like any other. It sounds
like you need to track down the authentication error and resolve it first.
Then the snmp_trapsend should work fine.

        RickB