Re: Using Solaris SEA to send traps to netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Using Solaris SEA to send traps to netview
From: Leonard Bocock <leonard.bocock@NZ.UNISYS.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:08:53 +1200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I am using the "snmptrap" command on a solaris 2.6 box to send test traps
to netview successfully.  Maybe try using this.

example of user defined trap (for enterprise just change the idents:)

snmptrap <destination_host> public <enterprise_id> <source_host>
<generic_trap_no> <specific_trap_no> <time> <variables [enterprise_id type
value]>

for example, to send a trap to "nvwdev" from host "noagw" at time 17:53
with MIB variable number one saying "Testing", it looks like this (this is
a Novell GroupWise trap)....

snmptrap^nvwdev^public^1.3.6.1.4.1.23.2.3.39^noagw^6^3^1753^1.3.6.1.4.1.23.
2.39.3^OctetStringASCII^Testing

(where ^ is line space)  Regards, Leonard Bocock

Scott Monroe <scott.monroe@LMCO.COM> on 22/09/98 09:59:34

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>