Re: Using Solaris SEA to send traps to netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Using Solaris SEA to send traps to netview
From: Scott Monroe <scott.monroe@LMCO.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:09:40 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I couldn't find the snmptrap command.  The only command I find is
/usr/sbin/snmp_trapsend for either Solaris 2.5.1 or 2.6.  What's also weird is
that the netview manager sees the trap coming in for some solaris systems and
not for other solaris systems. Doesn't even get to authentication error in the
trapd.log file.   BTW, here is what I'm trying to send:
snmp_trapsend -h uk -g 6 -s 12 -c unixsys -a ".1.3.6.1.4.1.42.1.1.2 STRING
(Testing the trap utility) " -- where unixsys is the community name.  When sent
from a certain 2.5.1 system I receive the authentication trap error. When sent
from other 2.5.1 or 2.6 systems nothing happens.  Netview doesn't even log the
event.  How bizarre...

Scott Monroe ..
-- lost on a highway deep in the state of confusion --