Re: ovtopmd not starting

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovtopmd not starting
From: Scott_Donohoo@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:21:09 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Bryan,

If this is NetView 5.x, make sure that the Tivoli environment is sourced
before starting the daemons.

ovtopmd will not start, and will give you an exit code of 255, if the
Tivoli environment is not sourced when ovspmd is started.

Try this:

ovstop
ovstop nvsecd
. /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh (or whereever this script is on your system)
ovstart

If that does not solve the problem, you should open a pmr with support.

Scott Donohoo
Tivoli Customer Support Team (NetView for Unix)

"Brook, Bryan S" <bryan.s.brook@LMCO.COM> on 09/21/98 02:24:43 PM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>