Re: nways installation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nways installation
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 22:09:33 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Nways Manager for AIX will install with JDK1.1.2, JDK1.1.4, or
JDK1.1.4.3 (the newest GA version for AIX), the last available as a
ptf.  If you have JDK1.1.2 installed, do lslpp -ha 'Java*'. If it
returns JDK1.1.1.2 or JRK1.1.1.2, you hve a bad build installed.

To use the Java front end, cd to /cdrom, then run install_nways (or
./install_nways) from there.  You can also just use installp (smit
install) on the images in /cdrom/image.  Ot works fine.  DO not install
the RABM images with the other stuff, and read the tips at
www.networking.ibm.com/install.