Netviiew for NT 5.1 C/S on a multiprocessor

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netviiew for NT 5.1 C/S on a multiprocessor
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 21:27:58 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Has anyone done this? Can you tell me what the problems are?  The release notes
say
(on page 45, last item in the restrictions) 'Multi-processor systems as
participants in a
Netview for NT client/server environment are not supported.' No details.

I'm halfway through the engagement, ready to finally tackle the client part,
and I read this.
Their server is a Compaq proliant 6000, dual-processor. What can I expect to
fail if I
install clients that want to attach to this server? Thanks for any clues...I
just KNOW I
won't be able to sleep tonight!

Cordially,

Leslie Clark
IBM Global Services - Network & Systems Management - Detroit