[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: "Rama, R. (Reggie)" <ReggieR@NEDCOR.CO.ZA>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:51:47 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello Everyone

I wonder if anyone can assist me with the following.

I have written a ruleset to inform me (using xecho to send the message to my
terminal) to inform me when
no Node Up event has been received after a Node Down has been received after
the event retention period has expired.
This works fine, BUT I now need to send this trap to another machine that
actually does the paging for me .i.e. I only
want to generate a pager messages when certain conditions are being
satisfied by the ruleset.

Is this possible and how does one send a trap only these particular traps to
another machine. All the assistance will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Reggie Rama
Nedcor IT, S.A