Re: Invalid origin

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Invalid origin
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 11:38:06 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The origin problem was fixed in Version 5.1

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Rama, R. (Reggie)" <ReggieR@NEDCOR.CO.ZA> on 10/02/98 09:54:18 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)
Subject:  Invalid origin

Hello all

I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem before and can assist me.
I am using AIX 4.2.1 & NV 5.0.

I have developed a ruleset and in it I am checking if the trap has come
from
either NV or an agent. To check if the trap has originated from NV , I
check
the 2nd varbind field within the trap and this works fine. However, when I
test the origin field to check if the trap has been sent from an agent ,
this fails. By using [nvcdebug -d all] , I noticed that the origin field is
declared as a ulong field and contains a large integer in it and therefore
this test always fails.

Is this a NV bug or is some setup of mines incorrect with NV or am I doing
something wrong.Thanks in advance

Reggie Rama
Nedcor IT, S.A