Re: Netmon traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netmon traps
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@TKG.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 19:37:52 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
More than likely, as James pointed out, netmon has reloaded the topology
database, and is busy with that and subsequently with daily config checks
before it starts doing any status polling. If you follow the CPU time of
netmon with the ps -ef command, you will see it is very busy.  It will
eventually get to your demand poll. You can put netmon in full debug mode by
typing
  "netmon -M -1"
from the command line, and follow netmon.trace to verify it's doing DAILY
checks. (You will see lots of "op = DAILY" messages for the various nodes.)
If netmon is not using any CPU, something else is going on.  You may want to
contact support.