maps & profiles

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: maps & profiles
From: Khaya Florida <fkhaya@WOOLWORTHS.COM.AU>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 17:12:52 +1000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I am running NetView 5.0 on AIX 4.2
I have 2 AIX user logins (help & root). When NetView is started by user
root, it displays my maps as they have been customised to look. However, if
I start NetView using the login help, I get an uncustomised root map, ie.
all network elements on the one map ( looks like a large ball of string).
This is regardless of which NetView login I use to access NetView (admin,
oper, etc). This started happening immediately userid help was created
(about a week ago).
I also get the following msg in /home/help/nv6000.log :
nvs_isClientAuthorized(): permission denied for "ovw_binary".
Could not initialize the security context with the target machine. Ticket
corrupted. authorized=0, status=39.
A Security Context could not be established with server:
hostname.woolworths.com.au, result: 39The Login key is not
stored or is incorrect.
Note: I have replaced the actual hostname with the word hostname, and there
are no clients just the NetView server.

Florida,

Florida Khaya
fkhaya@woolworths.com.au