Re: maps & profiles

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: maps & profiles
From: Khaya Florida <fkhaya@WOOLWORTHS.COM.AU>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 15:16:23 +1000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I think this problem has more to do with the way AIX and NV's security
interact or not  (as the case may be) because after starting NV using id
help, I then get the NV login box and regardless of which userid I use
(including SrAdmin), I still get uncustomised maps. If I start NV using
root, and then login to NV (including help), my maps are as I expect them.
Tested this for every single userid known to NV. If I start NV (this is from
an AIX command prompt) using id help maps are crap, if I start it using
root, maps are OK.