INCORRECT INTERFACE ICONS FOR ROUTERS - ZERO IP ADDRESSES

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: INCORRECT INTERFACE ICONS FOR ROUTERS - ZERO IP ADDRESSES
From: Debbie Sparg <dsparg@FGH.CO.ZA>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:41:17 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Everyone,

My customer is running NetView 5.0 Rev. A for NT on NT 4.0 SP3. He has a
strange problem. For many of his routers NetView does not seem to
discover all the interfaces with IP addresses. Some interface icons are
shown with an IP address of 0.0.0.0 and some interfaces are not shown at
all. The strange part is that when we browse the MIB II interface table
or use menus Monitor->Network->Addresses we do see all the interfaces
with their correct IP addresses. We tried to demand poll a few times to
force configuration updates but there is no change. The routers are 3NET
Securicor. They support MIB II. We have not yet found private MIBs for
them.
Due to the interfaces not being discovered correctly we do not see the
correct links in the map.

Has anyone come across a problem like this? or have any ideas what the
problem is? My customer has not upgraded yet to 5.1 as his is still
waiting for his shipment to arrive. Is it likely that upgrading to 5.1
might resolve this?

Regards
Debbie Sparg