Re: Problems with Netview5.1 and Solaris2.6

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problems with Netview5.1 and Solaris2.6
From: Wiggo Moller <wmoller@SDATA.NO>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:16:40 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

First of all..thank you for your answer.
I am still not able to sucessfully install Netview5.1 on framemaker3.2 and
Solaris 2.6.
the NV* files gives this error message

ERROR:     Customize script for fileset IBMVA-RUN exited with code 2.
SEV_2 ERR_cfgbf_001
SEV_2 ERR_bcfg_210
base:    Saving log files to /tmp/NVfail.tar
funct_return=1
+ [ 1 = 0 ]
+ echo NetView Installation encountered errors and has not successfully
completed.

The strange thing is that I installed framemaker 3.6 and NV on solaris
2.6..and its installation was a sucess. So I guess the Answer book theory
fails. I also took a netstat -a on the machine that the installation was
unsuccessfull on..nothing running on port 8888 there.

--
Cheers

Wiggo Moeller
    ___ ___
   /  /\\  |
\__\// // /  wmoller@sdata.no
 \--\  / /   Skrivervik Data AS                +47 22 18 58 00 (switchboard)
  \  \  /    Postboks 3885 Ullevaal Hageby     +47 22 18 59 87 (direct)
   \__\/     0805 OSLO
             Norway