Re: Problems with Netview5.1 and Solaris2.6

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problems with Netview5.1 and Solaris2.6
From: Jason_Kravitz@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:24:53 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Wiggo -
The first thing to do is check the NVS* files in your tmp directory

such as /tmp/NVS_51_NVFCONF_after.error as these will give you more

detailed information on why the install failed.

I am not 100% sure but it looks like your install failed because you have a
port in use
This happens often on Solaris 2.6 because the new Answer Book on 2.6 uses
port
8888 by default  (which is needed by NetView)

If this is your problem, you can reassign the Answer Book port by doing the
following:
cd /usr/lib/ab2/bin
run ab2admin

Turn off Administrator Access Control

Assign new/different port (8899 will work)

Recycle the Answer Book server

Reboot the computer

As far as cleaning up a botched install, the following should allow you to
reinstall

run Tivoli environment setup script (setup_env.sh)

rm -rf $BINDIR/.installed/NV*

rm -rf $DBDIR/.installed/NV*

rm -rf /usr/OV

Jason