Re: LOADING A .TDF FILE INTO NETVIEWAIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: LOADING A .TDF FILE INTO NETVIEWAIX
From: "Ken Freeman, Woolwich plc" <GBWBSJHS@IBMMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 03:42:30 EDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I don't think it is true to say that trap definitions get loaded when the MIBs
are loaded - at least, they never have on my system.

I have always had to define the traps myself using one of three methods:

1) Through the GUI;

2) Using the addtrap command with all the associated parameters;

3) Using the nvaddtrapdconf command to merge a file that is in the same format
   as the trapd.conf file;

I also had to define the Seagate Backup Exec traps and I used the GUI method
and referred to the .tdf file for details such as Specific Id and formatting
text.

Ken Freeman
Woolwich plc