Re: Netview 5.1 and Collections -Respuesta

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 5.1 and Collections -Respuesta
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 23:04:51 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I think you missunderstood the solution. If you are in the Collections submap
and select the 'egg'
for the collection with the incorrect symbols in it, and pick Edit..Delete
(from This submap or from
All, it does not matter), the collection will be DYNAMICALLY recreated, or
refreshed. It will be blue,
as it was when you first defined it, as it will not have been evaluated yet.
When you open it the
first time, it will be re-populated automatically.  Not too cumbersome, I don't
think. I usually
blow them all off a few times during the initial discovery sessions, or after
installing a product
that adds symbols, like Optivity or CiscoWorks. The alternative James refers to
would of
course be nice, but then collmap would take a lot longer to come up, with
(probably) a very
small return on the investment.