Re: Unmanaging interfaces for Scheduled Maintenance

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Unmanaging interfaces for Scheduled Maintenance
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 17:08:44 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
No, there is no command line interface to unmanage anything.  If you want
one, please send a note to netview@tivoli.com

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM> on 11/03/98 04:43:12 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)

Is it possible to configure NetView to *automatically* unmanage a
particular
interface(s) during a specific day(s)/time(s)?  That is, is there a command
that one can execute from the command line to unmanage a specific interface
and/or node during a specific time and then re-manage the interface after
the time?  I know we can do this via a manned person in the NV maps, but I
am looking for something that I can do on a scheduled basis and not
requiring a NV map administrator.  Thanks,

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive
St. Paul, MN  55123