Re: Utilisation graphs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Utilisation graphs
From: Adibah Mohamed <bmadibah@NCS.COM.SG>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:54:14 +0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

  Thanks for your replies.

  I've double-checked the speed and am calculating incoming and outgoing
separately, using the formula :

   (ifInOctets * 8 / ifSpeed ) * 100% and ifOutOctets for outgoing
utilization.

  Although data collection is done sequentially, it still does not
explain how it can be above the speed.  How do I check the counter?

Diba