Re: Utilisation graphs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Utilisation graphs
From: "Giuliotti, J. P." <JGiuliotti@MFS.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:41:56 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have encountered similar results. What I did to narrow it down was to
collect on the mibs (ifInOctets, ifOutOctets and ifSpeed) separately at the
same polling frequency as the ifBit expression. That way, whenever the ifBit
expression shows an unreasonable value, I can see what the separate values
of the mibs were. From there, it's anyone's guess what caused the anomaly.

J.P. Giuliotti  - Massachusetts Financial Services
(617) 954-5684
JPG@MFS.COM