Re: backing up databases

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: backing up databases
From: Vladimir Petr <PETR@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:36:46 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello, Richard;
Normally, the only daemons you should stop are netmon and snmpCollect to ensure
that no writes into databases occur. Or
you can execute ovstop to stop all the daemons. Also, it is a good idea to
prevent users with write access from
modifying the databases.Then tar /usr/OV/databases.

Best regards,
Vladimir.

--
Vladimir Petr