Re: How do I stop nodes from being processed by event manager?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How do I stop nodes from being processed by event manager?
From: "Houle, Stephen A" <sh32829@IMCNAM.SBI.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:00:11 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Unmanaging a node only stops Netview from polling, it doesn't stop that node
from sending traps.  If you have multiple maps, you need to unmanage the
node in all maps.  If it is unmanaged (completely), you should remove
Netview from the trap targets on the node.  You shouldn't have to write any
rulesets to stop events from showing up.

Steve

--
Steve Houle
Enterprise Management